Friday, October 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So 3 countries, 2 days, quite a whirl wind!! We were in Spain Sunday afternoon, Zurich Sunday night and I flew to Va Monday morning! Lots of traveling, going through customs, and packing suitcases but it was definitely worth it. It was so great to go back home and hang out with Mom, Sus, and Dad. Even though I hardly feel like I am far away since I talk to someone about everyday on video Skye it was so nice not to be through a compute screen. Our first stop was Target on the way home from the airport then Mom and I enjoyed one of my favorite meals of baby tacos and Margarita pizza! We got so much accomplished in just two days. Tuesday we went early to pick out the wedding album (should be done around xmas!), got my hair cut, eyebrows waxed, picked out pillows for my family room, and did some returns all before Susie was home from Philly in time for lunch. Sus and I did some errands and met Mom at Chef Geoff's for Girls Night since Dad was in NY then ended the night Gossip Girl in Susie's bed. What a great day!! Wednesday Mom and I got in some shopping. Susie got off work early so she joined me at the mall and we accidently walked away with a little more than planned (how does that always seem to happen??). Wednesday night I got to meet Sheila for Sushi and catch up! It was soooooo great to see her. I can't wait to see all of our friends over Christmas! Dad came home Wednesday night so we had a great big rib lunch Thursday before heading to the airport with my now 1oo lbs of luggage. None of which I came to VA with. I brought two suitcases with only 1 pair of jeans a sweater and the clothes I was wearing. But we now have lots of American food and pretty new pillows!

The flight back to Zurich is another story. We get great flight benefits with Zann's job but we have to fly standby so it is always down to the last minute until we know if we will get on the flight (not the best when flying international). Long story short the Zurich flight was full right at boarding so I ran as fast as I could across the airport to another terminal to get on the flight to Geneva just to get yelled at and my bussiness class seat taken away for wearing blue jeans. There is a dress code when you are flying as an employee but that did not even cross my mind that morning, 9 hours before the flight. So it was my fault I did not get to enjoy the life of luxary but getting lectured by a gate agent was the last thing I needed at that point. Did I mention that my luggage was not getting on the flight and I was thinking it had to be shipped over?? Luckily there were very nice flight attendents who saw me getting yelled at and gave me two free bottles of wine and I got 3 seats to myself :)

All things come to a good end right?? I made it to Geneva Friday morning and took a 3 hour train ride to Zurich. Luckily my luggage did not make it because I dont know how I would have managed 100 lbs by myself since Zann was at work. Now off to Elton John!!


*My luggage was delivered by taxi to our front door Saturday late afternoon. Talk about service!! Thats how they do things over here. Not sure how it got on a plane and delivered but it was Free!*

No comments:

Post a Comment