Friday, May 28, 2010

Dudes on Fire-Sola Race 2010

These Dudes are on FIRE!!
Zann and I participated in the Sola race a couple weeks ago. The race is a 116 km relay race around Zurich. Each team has 14 participants running from 4.6 ks to 16 ks. Someone from my school organized the team with mostly people from work and 4 others including Zann from outside work.
There were over 800 teams participating.
I did the first leg which was only 4.6 ks. I was pretty confident I could run it in a pretty quick time even though we didn't train at all. I started off right in front running which I thought was a good speed but I was getting passed like I was walking. I was so annoyed at the end after seeing so many people pass me. But when I got my time 22 minutes I felt better. That is running about 8 minute and 15 second minute miles which I think is pretty good for me. I guess Swiss people just run at a whole different level.
I was home by 8:30 and took a little rest then we went out for Zann to start his leg around noon. Zann ran 5.6 ks and had a personal best time I think.





We both finished in the 200s out of 800 so we were happy to hear that.
We ended the Sola day with a Dudes on Fire Italian dinner.
We look forward to doing it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment