Sunday, April 3, 2011

12 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 12 Weeks
Size of baby: The baby is about 2 inches long (the size of a lime) and weighs about a half of an ounce.

Baby Development: The baby's reflexes are starting to develop and it can open and close it's fingers and toes.

Total Weight Gain: about 3 pounds
Favorite thing to wear: My clothes all feel tight but I don't really have a belly yet. I am in the in between stage but I can't wait for my mom and sister to bring me some new things this week!

Gender: Hopefully we can find out at the next appointment on April 27th but the Dr. said we maybe had to wait until 20 weeks :(

Movement: I can't feel the baby move but it sure is moving all around. The doctor had to move it into a different position for measurement this week. The doctor was poking my stomach and we could watch the baby move and jump all around.

Sleep: Pretty good, but still getting up at least once a night.

What I miss: Subway! I think I am just missing all convienent American places to get something to eat fast. I have no been in the mood for cooking lately.

Cravings: Smoothies in a big way! We finally found some frozen fruit and Zann and I have been having smoothies everyday. We have even had them at dinner time a night or two. We jut put in yogurt, a bananna, frozen berries, and ice so at least its a little bit healthy.

Symptoms: I have had a bad cold all this week so it has just wiped me out. I did not make it to the gym one time this week.

Best Moment this week: Going to the doctor and seeing the baby move all around and tell my class about the baby.
Telling my class was the funniest thing. I brought them cookies and told them we were going to have a celebration at the end of the day. When I told them I put the baby's picture on the Smart Board and they just starting screaming and clapping. Then the girls started all chanting "its a girl, its a girl" and the boys "boy, boy,boy". If anyone in the school did not know I was pregnant, they do now because the whole school heard the children screaming. They have been rubbing and kissing my belly all day.

Quote of the week: My class said some pretty funny things and I am sure they will say many more.
"I thought when I looked at your stomach it looked bigger today"
" You're going to have a baby? Oh no my mom said that hurts soooo much!"
"We can't wait until you get really fat"
"I will give you two chocolate, one for you and one for the baby"



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I can't wait for a new cousin!

    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these posts! I teared up reading this one - go figure :) I wish that I could give you a big hug Sar! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete