Wednesday, April 20, 2011

15 Weeks


15 Weeks

No update from 14 weeks because I was too busy enjoying my time with my Mom, Susie, and the TenHoeves in Italy. Here is a pic from our trip that you can kind of see my belly in.
How Far Along: 15 Weeks

Size of baby: The babe is 4 inches long crown to rump so maybe about 5 inches with its little legs. This is about the size of an apple and he or she weighs 2 1/2 ounces. 

Baby Development: The babe can move all of its joints and limbs and can sense light.

Total Weight Gain: Not so sure. I forgot to weigh myself at the gym the past two days. Probably a little too much after all our yummy food in Italy.

Gender: We can possibly find out next week.
Movement: The babe is moving all around but I can't feel it yet. My stomach will feel really tight sometimes or I will feel a small cramp so maybe that is the baby moving.

What I miss: I did miss out on the wine in Italy but there were plenty of other good things to make up for it. 
Cravings: Last week of course it was pizza, pasta, pesto, and gelato. Today I woke up having to have chocolate. I found a bag of chocolate chips in our basement and ate a good portion of that. I told Zann that it wasn't a craving it was a necessity because there was nothing else I could think about besides chocolate.
Symptoms: Tonight I was moving very slowly. I went to yoga this morning and was feeling great. Then I went for a walk while Zann was running and I seriously felt 9 months pregnant.  I was walking so slowly and could not get my legs to move any faster. My stomach felt so tight so maybe the little babe was growing or moving.
Best Moment this week: Having my mom and sister around for a couple days after our trip was so much fun. Mom and I did some shopping downtown, and we moved around our guest room furniture to see where we will put the baby furniture. I am so glad we did this because things didn't fit where I was expecting. We did move everything back to its original place, so guests are still welcome :)




So no sign of a real baby bump yet. In the morning my stomach is so flat that I swear I'm skinnier than before I was pregnant. Then, by the end of the night, it really fills out to the "I ate too much" look. When I push my stomach out as far as I can it looks like I am 6 months pregnant. It is so weird. I guess my skin is just getting ready for the growing it will be doing soon. Next week, I'll have to wear a tighter shirt that shows the shape more since the tunic doesn't really give the full effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment