Thursday, April 28, 2011

16 Weeks

How Far Along: 16 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby Hawkins is now about the size of an avacado. 4 1/2 inches long and weighs 3 1/2 ounces.

Baby Development: The baby has started growing toenails. How cute is that?? It's head is also more erect, and it's eyes have moved closer to the front of his of her head...so that's good.  The little baby's heart is working hard, pumping 25 quarts of blood everyday. A big growth spurt is about the happen. In the next couple weeks, he or she will double its weight and add a couple inches in length.

Total Weight Gain: I will see on Wednesday. Two vacations in two weeks has sure not helped.

Gender: We might be able to find out at the appointment on Wednesday. We are like two kids at Christmas excited!

Movement: I haven't felt anything that I have known for sure is the baby. A couple times I have felt little bubbles which according to Baby Center is the first signs of feeling the baby.

Cravings: Lemonade and drinks with ice! While Zann enjoyed the specialty beers of Belgium, I enjoyed all different types of lemon flavored Fanta, icetea, juice, and ice cream. I am loving drinks with ice in them so I have been using our one little ice tray to stock up on ice.

Symptoms: I am feeling great and besides always having to go to the bathroom don't even feel as if I am pregnant.

Best Moment this week: While we were in Brussels, Zann and I found a shady spot to take a nap one day. When I woke up I swear my belly had grown it was much harder below my belly button. It has felt like this two other nights but not as much during the day.
Today we went and picked up a dresser for the baby's room. Now, I'm starting to have a picture of what the nursery will look like. I can't wait to start picking everything out!
We also both made lists of names that we like for a boy and a girl and shared them with each other.  It was the first time we have talked about names at all so no decision has been made. But we were both very happy that we were on the same page!!

We had such a nice long weekend away and then relaxing for two days. Tomorrow is back to reality. I am going to the doctor on Wednesday morning so I will update with any new we learn then!

About to take the baby belly outside for some exercise!

A little tiny bump is on the way. Mrs. TenHoeve and my mom brought me a couple of these maternity shirts and I am loving them!

No comments:

Post a Comment