Sunday, May 8, 2011

Baby Bump- 17 Weeks

How Far Along: 17 Weeks

Size of baby: The baby is about 5 inches long from its head to its bottom. Last time we were at the doctor, he said he/she was about 17 cm including its legs which is about 7 inches. So this week I am guessing that has grown to about 7 1/2 inches. The baby wieghs about 5 ounces and is the size of a turnip.

Baby Development: Little baby can now move its joints and is starting to develop sweat glands

Total Weight Gain: As of last week I had gained almost 3 kilos which is about 6 pounds. I feel like if I post this for other people to see then I have a reason to hold myself accountable and try to watch how much I eat.

Gender: No news yet. Everyone in my family and most people at work tell me they think its a boy. One friend at work thinks its a girl and Zann's aunt. Kathy, had a dream we are going to have a girl this week. She used to have dreams about what her friends were having, and she was only wrong once. We are going back to the Dr. on the 25th, so maybe we can find out then.

Movement: I haven't felt anything that feels like a kick or an arm, but sometimes I can feel something hard in my lower stomach. Also a couple times a day it feels like I have a baseball moving through me. I am guessing this is might be the baby moving positions but am not sure. Zann has tried to feel for something but can only feel that my belly is a lot harder below my belly button.

Cravings: This week I have not been eating as healthy. I have felt like having pasta for dinner almost every night, but I have tried to be good and resisted a couple nights for us to have some vegetables also. Tuesday night I kept telling Zann all I wanted to eat was Cheez-Its and pretzles together and a bag of gummy bears. I could not get that out of my head. Zann was so sweet and came home with all sorts of treats for me the next day. They don't sell Cheez-Its here or anything close so Zann found lots of other goodies for us.

I also have discovered something at school that will not be very good for my weight gain. We have a wonderful cafeteria at school and they make fresh muffins, croissiants, and bagels (which is the only place in Switzerland you can find bagels) every morning. I almost always bring my breakfast to school but it is nice to go down there if I don't have time to bring something. Well last week I found out they will make you a breakfast sandwhich if you request it early. I have just let myself have one a week but they are to die for so it might become a problem :)

And yes that is a cheese bagel it comes on with cream cheese added to the bacon, egg, and cheese.

Symptoms: I am still feeling great most of the time. After work this week I was pretty exhausted and only made it to the gym one night.

Best Moment this week: My stomach is starting to look a little bit like I am pregnant which makes me so excited.  It makes it seem much more real to us. We are both just so excited and talk about the little baby all the time. Our biggest blessing has been to hear that our little baby is healthy and I am so thankful for this everyday.

These pictures were taken about 10 second apart and look totally different. 

We started watching a birthing class video and that has made it seem like "ok this is really going to happen". I know its really early to think about this but a friend recommended it and she needs it back next week. Zann is now a pro a figuring out what all the numbers the doctor will rattle off mean. He is going to have to keep practicing since everything we will be hearing at the hospital will be in German.

Last time we were at the dr's he signed me up to deliver at Hirslanden and I received my introducation package from them earlier this week. It looks like it has tons of great information, but too bad I can't read any of it since it is in German :(

I am going to have to find a patient German speaking person to translate the binder and folder for me. It has many cute little pictures that help your get an idea of what it will be like to deliver a baby there. I am very excited about going to this hospital. First of all it is literally right across the street from our house, but it is also very nice inside and Roger Federer's wife delivered thier twins there.

No comments:

Post a Comment