Monday, May 23, 2011

Baby Bump -20 Weeks (half way there!)

How Far Along: 20 Weeks. I can't believe I am half way there! It seems like the time has gone by so fast but at the same time I feel like I have been pregnant forever. Its hard/exciting to think in this same about of time we will have your precious little baby with us. That makes it seem fast but it feels like so long ago we were in London and found out we were expecting a baby and eating dinner with Liz D.
Night number 2 of knowing I was pregnant


Size of baby: Baby Hawkins is weighing in at about 10 1/2 ounces and is about 10 inches long from head to heel. So baby H is about the size of a banana. That seems alot bigger to me than a tomato but we'll take it :)

Baby Development: Baby H is starting to swallow more and getting it's metabolism going.

Gender: Only two more days until we might be able to find out. I seriously couldn't sleep last night I was so excited.

Movement: I have been feeling the baby move around all the time in the past week. It feels like bubbles popping in my stomach. Over the weekend I couldn't feel the baby that much but think he or she must have flipped around and was moving toward my back. Then tonight I think he or she flipped back because I felt some strong movements and Zann could for sure feel them on the outside of my stomach. Its just the neatest feeling!

Sleep: Still waking up at least once a night and I don't think that is going to go away. The other night I got the worst cramp in my leg and that kept me up for a while. When I woke up in the morning it felt like it was bruised or I have done about 1000 calf raises.
Cravings: Icecream, juice, and fruit. I just finished eating an ice cream brownie sundae with heath bar on top. Yum! I have also been making fruit smoothies for breakfast before school. I think this summer when its so hot I am going to live on ice cream and smoothies. I have also not been in the mood for any Asian food which I normally love. We have had it once and it tasted find once I started eating but I do not like the thought of it.
Symptoms: I am still feeling great. My stomach really feels like it is starting to stretch though. I have not been able to eat as much at one time. I have eaten too fast a couple time and eaten more than I should and then it feels like my stomach is going to burst open.
We are going to the doctor on Wednesday evening to see Baby H in 3D. I can not wait! I will post updates when we get back!


I feel like my stomach looks bigger in person. I was looking in the mirror and thought it looked bigger there but not so sure...


Wahooooo for making it to 20 weeks!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I can remember my first (& thankfully, only) charley horse during pregnancy. I thought I was going to die!! I swear it's much worse during pregnancy than normal! Love hearing your preggo updates! Hope you are feeling well :)

    ReplyDelete