Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Its a Girl!

On our third time trying to tell if Baby H would be a girl or a boy we found out at 21 weeks we will be having a little GIRL!! We are so excited!
At my 20 week appointment, we went to a different doctor for a 3D scan. After not finding out at 16 weeks, we were certain we would be able to find out at 20 weeks. Well once again Baby H did not want to show.
At this appointment they also were looking at all of the organs. I was so nervous through all of that while he was looking at everything I almost forgot we were going to find out the sex. After about a 40 minute ultra sound I asked the doctor to check the sex and the baby had it's legs perfectly crossed at the kneess. We were able to see a very clear picture of both knees on top of each other. We were laughing at this point because wanted to know so much what the baby would be so go figure we wouldn't be able to tell. We tried everything we could to get the baby to move but no such luck.
The doctor was very nice and could tell we really wanted to know so he let us make an appointment for the following week.
Well we almost missed that appointment also because the bus on my field trip broke down but the doctor stayed open until 7 that night so we were able to make it. He said it wasn't the best picture but he couldn't see any boy parts so he was 99% sure we are having a GIRL. 99% was good enough for us to believe.
So lots of pink will be coming into this house!

20 Weeks. About to go into the doctor thinking we will find out boy or girl.

And no such luck :)

I am sad we don't have any pictures of when we actually found out but things didn't go as planned. I was planning on getting back from my field trip at 3 and going home to shower and changed into nice clothes so we could go out to dinner to celebrate. Well our bus broke down and we missed our 5:30 appointment. I litterally hopped off our new bus at the train station in my sweat pants and rain coat to run to the doctor to make it by 7. I was so exhausted from our trip and Zann was leaving the next morning for the US so we just came home and celebrated with some frozen pizza and I was in bed by 8:30. But most importantly we found out about our baby girl and she is healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Awww Congratulations on finally finding out the sex of your baby. I had the same thing with my son..he really didn't want us to know if he was a boy or a girl and luckily the doctors tried a few times for us till he gave in and gave us a good view :D

    ReplyDelete