Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baby Bump 31 Weeks

Well officially less than 10 weeks until Baby Hawkins makes her big arrival. I am 31 weeks as of this past Monday.
Size of baby: BabyGirl is about 3 1/2 pounds which according to my weekly updates is the weight of 4 naval oranges. So next time you buy a bag of oranges you can think of my carrying that around in my stomach right now :)
Baby Development: BabyGirl can now turn her head from side to side and is beginning to gain fat on her arms and legs. She is about to head into a big growth spurt.

I have been feeling pretty good lately. Still tired sometimes but I have been sleeping in more so that has helped. But back to reality tomorrow with school starting.

Falling asleep and staying asleep has not been so easy. I think we have a night owl little girl. Right when I get into bed she begins her little night time party. Her movements are so strong now I can't fall asleep then sometimes they wake me up in the middle of the night. She is moving like a wild woman and getting the hiccups alot. I tried to take a video of her rolling around and making my stomach move today which was pretty funny.

I have been the hungry hungry hippo these past two weeks and thanks to the amount of ice cream I have been eating am looking like that hippo also. But we were on vacation in Stockholm and then it was nice weather and the end of summer so every day had to be celebrated with ice cream. I didn't really have any cravings that were too strong the whole time being pregnant but two days this week I woke up at 5am NEEDING apple juice and a cake pop. Well we didn't have either of those things but it was all I could think about until about 2 in the afternoon. Maybe Liz will surprise me and fly over with her cake pop maker!

So I'm annoyed because Blogger keeps rotating my pictures the wrong way even though they are saved flipped. If you know how to fix this please let me know!! Well here we are at 30 and 31 weeks.
30 Weeks
 31 Weeks

In other baby news, we are starting to get organized a little bit. The baby room is still a mess with everything in the crib but Zann has been working hard sanding and paiting the dresser. I am waiting on him to finish this I have somewhere to put the clothes when I was them. I also painted the little table we have to go next to the glider.
Our sweet friends have also dropped off some baby items they are so graciously letting us borrow this week. It makes it seem so real to have baby things in every room now :)
Z hard at work in a room full of dust.

The mess that will soon be where baby sleeps.

Here is a little peak of BabyGirl's beautiful bedding from her Sullivan Grandparents (we are still working on their names). I just love it and can't wait to see it all put together.

We also received the daycare packet from the pICSies (pronounced Pixies). It was weird to already have to think about daycare before she is born but my school has a wonderful daycare with just a couple kids and fabulous girls that work there.

Tomorrow is back to work for me. We have teacher work days this week and then children come back on Wednesday. I think I will be one tired girl at the end of the day!

1 comment:

  1. You look SO great Sarah! Good luck getting back into the swing of things at work :)

    ReplyDelete