Sunday, September 4, 2011

Baby Bump 34 Weeks

 Baby H is now 4 3/4 pounds and 18 inches long. The fruit of the week is a cantaloupe. She is continuing to gain more body fat to keep her body temp up and her central nervous system is maturing.

We had a great appointment last week with the new doctor. The daughter of the doctor we had been seeing is going to be delivering the baby so we got to meet her for the first time. Zann and I both walked out feeling in really good hands and felt so comfortable with her. We talked with her for a long time and made a plan for the coming weeks and the birth.

The baby looked great on the ultrasound and everything measured normally. She doesn't fit on the screen all at once anymore so we didn't get a good picture to bring home. Her heart beat was steady and in normal range also.

She didn't give any indication otherwise, so we are still going with October 10th as the expected due date. I have a feeling she is going to come on the 14th or 17th though.

My back has been hurting a lot so the doctor gave me a prescription for physio therapy. I have been going twice a week to get the knots rubbed out of my back. It is just a temporary relief not to fix any problems but let me tell you it makes the world of difference for the next two days. I am always very ready to go to my next appointment.

 I am not sure if real Olympians go here but I like to tell myself they do. Thank you Swiss doctors and Swiss insurance for having sympathy on pregnant women.

Sleep, well that has become more of a problem this week. I am getting up 2 or 3 times a night and can just not make myself comfortable. It takes all my strength to roll over. When I do fall asleep I just don't think I am sleeping very deep because I am exhausted in the morning and by after lunch at work. Its part of the price you pay though :)

Baby H has been soooo active lately. She is moving most of the day but especially in the afternoon. When I get home from work she goes crazy if I am sitting down. She loves her little dance parties and especially loves them up in my ribs.

We are going to the hospital tomorrow night for a tour. I can't wait to see everything and will update after that.
Here we are at 33 weeks

 34 weeks
34 weeks




Baby H got some sweet new books in the mail this week from Gaga and Hoo Hoo

And Horay! Zann finished painting the dresser! 

 The baby was so excited she even bought Zann a big pack of gummy candy!

So this week I was wearing dresses every day and every day people would tell me how huge I look, how I just get bigger every week, and ask if I was sure it wasn't twins. It did not bother me at all that people said this because that is how I feel I do feel huge. Then Friday I wore capri pants and a tight shirt and everyone said how small my bump is. So my conclusion is that dresses make you look much bigger in the end of pregnancy, especially after looking at me wearing a dress this past weekend. 

If your hands are not under your belly when wearing a dress you can look like a wide load I have come to realize. Luckily the weather is cooling down so I will be in pants until the end. 

2 comments:

  1. you look great! i saw you follow my blog, may I ask how you found me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sar! You look great! Love the pictures :) Give you belly a hug from us and tell Zann the dresser looks great.

    ReplyDelete