Monday, September 26, 2011

Baby Bump- 38 weeks

So the count down is on! Only two more weeks until the due date of Baby H. Don't get too excited though because there is no sign of her coming early so far

I had my 38 week appointment today and everything looked great. The baby's measurements on the sonogram were all in the average range or slightly above and everything looked right on track. She weighs a little over 7 pounds right now. So a little bit above average but the doc said I will not have a 9 pound baby. Good news!

When we sat down to talk with the doctor about how I was feeling etc. she said "okay so see you in two week". I quickly responded that my due date is exactly two weeks from today and shouldn't I come earlier. She said there was no need to come any earlier and to just call the hospital if I go into labor. Ummmmm okay???

I thought I would freak out at that point but surprisingly I think it makes sense. She said there is nothing else that needs to be done until the baby is born so there is no sense coming in again before 40 weeks. She seems to be fairly certain that the baby will be late but says you never know. If the baby has not come by 40 weeks she said we will do the non stress test to see how the baby handles contractions but that it is not necessary to do that now since everything is going according to plan.

I have a feeling Baby Girl is going to be late also but this sure does make it hard for my mom to book her plane ticket. We don't want her coming on the due date and sitting around with me for 5 days with no baby then I will be in the hospital for 5 days (at least) so that will be 10 days of her two weeks here. Hopefully she can change her flight to push it back a couple days today.

Until then we will continue to cross things off the "Do before Baby" list. The only big thing left is packing my bag. Other than that we are pretty much ready and I will work on crossing the things of the list like ironing the sheets for the baby bed (Zann thinks I am ridiculous) and washing the windows.

I am starting to feel 38 weeks pregnant. Walking has turned into waddling and getting up from being seated has turned into a major work out. I am now taking a daily nap and have been in bed since 8:00 tonight because I couldn't stand anymore. Too bad you can't store up sleep hours.

My plan is to continue to work half days this week and next week until our October Break starts at school. I feel great in the mornings and am liking going to work still. I really enjoy where I work and enjoy the people even more so I am not ready to give that up yet. If baby comes on the due date or after I will have at least 4 days work free.

Here we are at the pumpkin patch yesterday. 38 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment