Friday, October 7, 2011

Day trip to Lucernce

Well my hunting for baby items we "needed" to have lead us to a little get away on Sunday to Lucerne. I am a member of a couple yahoo groups that post questions, share info, and sell things in and around Zurich. A couple weeks ago a very nice lady from one of the groups emailed me with many baby items she was selling. I picked a couple things to buy and then things got busy and I forgot we needed to pick them up. Well I didn't pay attention to what group she had emailed me from because I thought she lived in Zurich and I would just go 10 minutes or so on the tram to pick up the things but come to find out she lived in Lucerne which is about 50 minutes away by car or train.

Was it really worth it to drive that far?? After doing some price research we did decide that it would be worth it to go pick them up. And Sunday's weather was going to be beautiful so we decided to take the train and make a little day trip.

We got lunch at a yummy backery and ate lunch while looking at beautiful Lake Lucerne and the mountains.


Zann and I had been to Lucerne when we were visiting Switzerland before we moved here and somehow missed the famous Lion of Lucerene. When Susie visited we took a day trip to Lucerne and were able to see the oh so famous lion. It is now a joke between us because we read on Trip Advisor that this was one of the best sights in Europe and that is was so moving that some people weep when they see it. Not to put down the lion or anything but we didn't have the same reaction. The area in front of the lion is swarming with people taking pictures like he is going to get up and run away or something. So here is the lion.


We stopped by Mr. Pickwick's pub before heading to the train station to pick up out baby items. Then enjoyed the beautiful train ride home along the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment