Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Favorite Places

Our end of summer weather in Zurich has been absolutely beautiful! Temperatures have been about 80 for a few weeks and have slowly cooled off into the 70's.

We have enjoyed spending time outside on the weekends and I have found two of my favorite spots in Zurich.

I spent some lovely days with the ICS ladies at the Kusnacht beach before school started and was dying to take Zann there. A couple weekends ago we meet some friends there for a fun day in the sun and some swimming.



This place is picture perfect on the lake with REAL sand! This is the only place in Zurich we have seen with real sand which makes it so much nicer to walk into the water instead of climbing over big rocks.



The Juker Farm pumpkin patch also tops my list. I had not been to a pumpkin patch since taking 4 classes of kindergardners a couple years ago in the freezing cold. So needless to say I enjoyed this beautiful sunny day at the pumpkin patch along the lake with out thirty 5 year olds to watch over.


We enjoyed walking around and seeing the huge pumpkins that raced in the Pumpkin Regatta the day before.


We sat in the sun and enjoyed the scenary.




And had a some delicious soup before buying a little pumpkin to make soup with and a butternut squash.


I can't wait to take Baby H back when my parents are here to pick out her first pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment