Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Fun!

Ice Skating at the Landesmuseum with Brooke and Bridget. I am so happy to have started working at ICS to meet these two ladies! I got a little too confident ice skating this time and bit it hard. It hurts a lot more to fall than when you are little. We had a great girls to celebrate Bridget getting out after having beautiful baby Oliva two weeks ago. She looks fantastic by the way for just having a baby. We enjoyed the night with ice skating, gluhwein of course, and a yummy pizza dinner at Santa Lucia.
First snow of the year. This is the back of my school after about an hour of snow. After two days of snowing we had about 4 or 5 inches. Too bad they don't cancel school here, Fairfax County would have been canceled for the week.

Zurich singing Christmas Tree. We enjoyed the festive children singing German Christmas songs after the Zurich Christmas parade last weekend. This singing tree is modeled after a singing tree that use to be in Mall of America....wierd that the Swiss would copy that!


The beautiful streets of Zurich all light up. I love Christmas time!


First night of ice skating at the Landesmuseum. This was Thanksgiving night (pictures are not in order). Mandy, Miran and I showed our stuff on the ice while Zann watched our purses. Then we went out for my kind of Thanksgiving feast at http://www.zeughauskeller.ch/ for some wiener schnitzel.



Mandy, Miriam, Me, Barbara


Pretty cool ice skating rink! Well this is the picture from the Internet because you couldn't see the lights as well from my camera but it was a sight to be seen. There are restaurants, bars, and fire pits set up around the ice skating rink. I think most people were there just to drink and watch people like me eat it!

1 comment:

  1. How did I not know that you could go ice skating at the Landesmuseum? Will definitely have to check it out.

    I agree, Zurich is lovely during Christmas! I wish they'd leave the tree and Xmas market up longer though :-(

    ReplyDelete