Saturday, October 1, 2011

Where to Buy Kids Clothes with Kelly's Korner

Kelly's Korner is doing a fun link up of where to shop for kids clothes. Even thought Baby H is yet to be born that doesn't mean there hasn't been plenty of shopping and window (or online in my case) shopping.

Well I have developed a slight obsession with baby clothes and searching for great deals. With that being said though I have only bought things that I really really love because I know she will not fit in them for long and I want her to wear each thing a couple times.

 I am a lover of classic baby clothes and love smocking and monogramming. They are only babies for such a short time so Baby H will be dressed like a baby or a little girl for as long as she will let me. She will have plenty of time to wear jeans in her life but can only wear sweet little dresses, outfits with her name on them or smockings for so long. The price tag with this type of clothing is not cheap though. My mind (or our budget) can not justify spending $70 ++ dollars on a dress for the baby so I have found other ways to buy the boutique clothing for less $$.

So here is how I have found some great deals.

I signed up for Zulily.com when I first found out I was pregnant (ok maybe a couple months before). They have about 10 or so brands that have sales every day. The sales start at 9:00 ET and things sell out quickly so you have to be fast. Luckily for me that is 3:00 in Zurich and normally a time when I can be at the computer. I have found some super cute things there in the past couple weeks that fit with my baby clothes max price limit (which is not high). I can't wait to see the items when my in laws bring them in November.

EBay has also become a slight addiction of mine. There are tons and tons of cute clothes on Ebay for a fraction of the price. I always look for clothes that are new or in excellent condition and normally sort the prices lowest to highest. That way I don't even look at the things that are above the max price I have set for myself when buying baby clothes. When I see something I like I add it to my watch list and then am able to think if it is something we really need and that I really love. Before auctions end Ebay sends you a reminder and then I go back to check to see if I am still interested and the price has not gone too high.
When searching on Ebay I either type in the brand I am looking for or the type of clothes. Here are a couple of things I frequently type in.
- Kissy Kissy (This is my favorite brand for layette pieces. They are the softest and have the sweetest designs on them)
- Vive Le Fete
-Anavini
-Zuccini
-Ragsland
-Orient Expressed
-Kelly's Kids
-Smocked Dress (and specify Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas or what ever else you want)
- Petite Ami
- Romper or play suit (It will be pretty cold here for baby's first months so one piece outfits will be best)
- Feltman Brothers
-Monday's Child
-Smocked Bubble


Here are two of my recent purchases from Ebay both listed in excellent condition. 


Consignment stores are also a great place to find clothes. I have only been to the consignment stores in Charleston when we were home in the summer and they were jam packed with adorable things. It took a lot of self control to not buy everything. The had smocked outfits over flowing out of the store and I found many Kissy Kissy and Pixie Lily outfits for Baby H's first few weeks.


Here are a couple of the sweet little outfits from the consignment shop in Charleston. Bailey Brother long gown, Kissy Kissy playsuit, and Pixie Lily day gown. 

Now we just need Baby H to get here to wear the adorable things she has waiting for her. 

5 comments:

  1. We have great shops here in Greenville too. I got lots of my son's early baby things at consignment shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.
    Stock Tips Bullion Tips Commodity Tips

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think online is the best place for buying stylish and affordable children's clothes. online you get number great option for kids cloths and your recent purchases are interesting.
    Cloth nappies Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most children are more than happy to buy children's clothes with you as they are growing because they want to pull some of you chooses to accept others with enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An fascinating discussion is value comment. I think that it is best to write extra on this matter, it won’t be a taboo topic however generally people are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers Buy Bullion and Coins Online

    ReplyDelete